TWO Ingredient tool cleaner, for reals?
Seriously. Two ingredients. Non-toxic. Made from food. Super cheap. And, the really great part (besides all the stuff I just said)? IT WORKS!
If you’re like me, you use your yard tools hard. All summer long (my favorite season), I’ve got my clippers, pruners, shovel, hoe or pitchfork in my hand. All that hard work leaves me tools a bit worse for the wear. Recently, some grass I’d been clipping (along the fence–my never-ending project) made my clippers so sticky. UGH. But, thankfully, I had a secret weapon: a two ingredient tool cleaner that I whipped up in 10 seconds and put to work for me.
Ready for the tool cleaner of all tool cleaners (that works for everything else, too, not just tools).
Here’s the easy peasy recipe:
Grab a spray bottle and fill it with 16-20 ounces of water.
Add 4 Tablespoons white vinegar and 12 drops of any citrus essential oil (I used lemon).
Shake and spray.
See, I said it was easy!
Spray on all your tools and wash off. For really dirty tools, add a scratch pad.
Here’s before and after photos of my (now) sparkly clean clippers. Yay for easy solutions that work.
Do you know what else citrus oils are good for?
LOTS of things.
- They kill germs
- They remove sticky stuff from things you don’t want sticky anymore (gum from shoes, label from jar, tree pitch from fingers, etc.)
- They uplift moods
- They make a great fruit and veggie wash (add a couple drops to a bowl of water, swirl and wash veggies in it and rinse–it even takes that nasty waxy stuff off apples)
- Furniture polish (citrus oil, water, a tiny dab of olive oil)
- Deodorizer (car, shoes, locker, compost pail, etc.)
- You can cook with them
- They help with seasonal issues
- Add a great taste to your drinking water
- Help to detox the body
The above two ingredient tool cleaner is a great multi-purpose cleaner for just about anything. Use it in the bathroom, the kitchen, anywhere you want to kill germs, leave a refreshing citrus smell and a sparkling clean surface.
What do you use citrus oil for? The possibilities are endless.